Quobuz subscription

Hi I've recently joined Quobuz to try-out few tracks. 

The ones released on 70's and 80's Japanese jazz vinyls sound really muffled. Thought they would sound better vs. YouTube streaming channel of Terminal Passage that actually mostly plays its digitized vinyl collection, but quality is too far away from even YouTube.

I checked the quality and all of them are CD 44.1kHz, but the sound quality is so far away from CD 44.1kHz.

So what's there to check? Is only major-popular recording industry albums sound good there.

I checked that via my Mytek DAC and via my cheap DAC and both DACs show nearly-same differences on the playback vs. YouTube.

So far Tidal actually gets my best grading on items outside of RR hall of fame or outside of recording industry standards.

It really seems to me that Quobuz is over-advertised.

czarivey

I am a Roon member and among all of us who subscribe to both Tidal and Qobuz favor Qobuz as the streaming service with the absolute highest level of SQ. So as others have said, would be helpful for you to provide an example. 

I am a Roon member and among all of us who subscribe to both Tidal and Qobuz favor Qobuz as the streaming service with the absolute highest level of SQ. So as others have said, would be helpful for you to provide an example. 

I had both Amazon HD and Qobuz, and have canceled Amazon.  Amazon was sometimes misleading (Ultra HD/24bit >48hkz) with an album labeled as high res/Ultra HD, but really only 1-2 tracks per album were 24bit, the rest being redbook.  While the overall catalog is larger on Amazon, proper high res is more plentiful on Qobuz.  Also, I could never get Amazon to be bit perfect on Windows even on exclusive mode, since my DAC would display what I have set Windows or my driver to, not the bit rate of the track that is playing.  With Qobuz, using my RME ASIO driver or WASAPI the proper bit rate is displayed on my DAC.  (It's moot now, since I don't use my computer for most streaming anymore).

@nevada_matt
i too recently had tracks stop mid song using Tidal, however it turns out that Comcast recently upgraded their system and a lot of old modems are now unsupported.  As soon as I upgraded my modem Tidal worked perfectly. It only seemed to manifest in the Tidal app. All other streaming services (Netflix HBOmax) worked fine.

Regards, call up your provider. It’s likely a simular network issue and not Tidal.

I demoed both services and went with Tidal due to superior song selection and discovery based on my library.  To me finding new music is more important than a Slight edge in SQ.  I couldn’t tell a difference anyway in the Hi Res recordings between the two services.