Discuss The Viv Lab Rigid Arm

I am trying to do my due diligence about this arm. I am just having a hard time getting my head around this idea of zero overhang and no offset. Does this arm really work the way it is reported to do?

neonknight

My interest in the arm was as a possibility to use my MC2000 cartridge. I have never been able to get an answer of arm mass from anywhere online. I did email the company and no response. So I think i am going to end this line of pursuit. I am fine with my other tonearms and have obtained a Denon PL5 headshell for the MC2000 to be used on a Dynavector DV505. The combination works well, so that is my solution for now.

@alan60 I'm using bluetack.  I might try double sided tape.  Thanks for the suggestion.

@clearthinker Yes there's always room for improvement.  For example I've made a "hat" to cover the top of the arm base and prevent room dust from accumulating on the tonearm bearing assembly since it is not enclosed.  Always chasing some sort of dragon in this hobby.

Dear @mijostyn  : As you I posted several times that our ears are extremely limited tools/mechanism when the brain is a total different matters.

The subjectivist, at least gentlemans as alan, are " closed mind " and almost always are entitled to that " stupid "  ( no ofense to any one. ),: " I like it " that came from several years now thanks to some old reveiewers and audio distributors telling us: " trust your ears ".

Well I posted several times this information and I do it again because always there is something to learn about:

How The Ear Works (soundonsound.com)

The issue of zeniyh is almost bs because we all know that if exist something imperfect in the whole anolog subject is exactly ANALOG and what surrounded it. As you I'm not looking for " perfection " because is a losted war just before to start with.

Yes, accuracy is the name of the game in any room/system and the subjectivist want prove it with that : " I like it ".

My take is that we have to mantain a " healty " equilibrium between subjectivity and objectivity. Normally the extremes is futile/useless.

Subjectivitist thing that audiophiles as you , me and several others are just stupid non open mind people that can't understand: " I like it ".

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

Post removed 

Sorry: " if exist something imperfect in the whole anolog subject is exactly ANALOG ........"

It has to be: " in the audio world " is just ANALOG.

R.