Raised Towers

This might be silly...but...has anyone messed with putting towers on a stand or table? What were your thoughts? How did it affect sound? 

secretguy

Yah...like I said I figured it was dumb. So I guess I either live with the Maggies or inferior sound.

There are speakers out there that are better than some Magnepans. Which Maggie do you have?

It is not a dumb idea… and there are speakers out there you would enjoy more, like @russ69 said.

Of course I do because I often imagine bad things happening before I act. Maybe this is a silly habit of mine

Dino Game

I admit to putting Martin Logan SL3 electrostatics (&10" woof) on wooden dining room chairs, exactly where they normally sat on the carpet. Everything up 20".

Of course this was only during semi-free-for-all at-home parties we threw in my thirty's.  Otherwise I was civilized and sat down, along with the speakers...

Same history as above; planars for a long time, then good dynamic boxes, then great boxes. I also feel, adding up everything, they provides the least compromise.