Tube or solid state

Do you prefer a tube preamp into a solid state amp or a solid state amp into a tube amp,which is your choice for best sound?

fixto

@spaceguitaristUse tube only if you prefer Low Fi and enjoy this vintage sound. :)

While there are a lot of ways to generalize stuff in high end audio. Different people may be drawn to different sound characteristics. But well, that statement is just wrong. Some of the finest gear in high end audio is tubed.

Vintage sound, AK LOW FI is mostly lots of harmonic distorsion, high noise ratio, and spectral non linearity. 

I'm not saying that it's Bad, or that I don't like it : I just that it's not HI Fi anymore since 50 years to be fair.

My Pass XA-25 has a "tube-like" sound in that it's capable of making me like listening to it. Even when it's off it puts out a vibe, as does the tube Had amp as that thing is beautiful to look at. The Pass amp looks like an industrial slab, but it is easier to dust.

Don't forget to include hybrids. Clean background and oomph can come from SS, but adding tubes on the preamp can be the best of both worlds. At least consider.