Dual mono integrated amps

I’m curious about dual mono integrated amps and if they can approximate the benefits of monoblocks. I had the good fortune of trying a friend’s electronics which included a dual mono preamp driving a pair of monoblocks and the result was not subtle. There was an expanded soundstage with more solid imaging. Is this an effect that most of you experience when each channel has dedicated circuitry? Are there particular examples of integrated amps utilizing a dual mono design that do a particularly good job in this respect? Ones that don’t?

Thanks for the help

128x128voodoochillin

Thanks for sharing your experience.

How do you think the i-30 would do with harbeths from a treble and mid-range standpoint? I have Shl5+’s.

yes indeed, i ran exactly that pairing in our second home system for several years... terrific combination... the primare’s sweet treble and immense low end grip is just what the shl5+ (my set were older non xd's) needs and the midrange excellence is exactly what you would expect 👍

Belles Aria Dual Mono integrated is designed with that logic in mind. I believe the higher end Signature and Virtuoso also follow that model. I have heard the full line and they are amazing. Belles also puts out a dual monoblock product and a separate Aria preamp that has gotten sterling reviews. I have been pondering those for awhile but the stock market decline has put that on hold.

Check out the Boulder 866.  Great sounding Integrated from a wonderful company.