Speaker of My House…!

Hey Boys - (and gals if there are any here)

It’s time to usher in a new speaker. It needs to be nuanced and elegant. It needs to party but also be super fast and detailed. No muddy lows or shrieking highs. It needs to image like electrostatic speakers but with a large sweet spot. I don’t have room for Subs, so I need at least 25hz.

My new speakers are probably floor standers and they need to look beautiful.

My current Amp is an ARC 160s.

Source is Rossini Apex

My main listening room is about 18’ X 22’ with vaulted 12’ ceiling. My system also spends time in my home office which is small - 13’ X 14’ also with high vaulted ceilings and as many room treatments as I could fit.

I just sold my 18 month old Sonus Faber Serafino Traditions. I loved a lot about them. Probably still the prettiest speaker I’ve ever seen and at just under $20k new, pretty awesome sounding. They really ticked all the boxes in so many areas but they got a little breathless in my larger room. Mostly the bass got lost and less detailed.

So….

I’m considering the new SF Amati’s.

Joseph Audio Pearl Graphene

Wilson Sasha DAW (ugh - I know, but that sound..!)

So…. Let’s have it. Whatta you guys think I should consider…?

(Im not ready for Maggie’s just yet)

Thanks for your help..!

Joe

128x128jomonhifi

@grislybutter Oh gosh... I’d never want to come across bored or petulant. I’m tweaking constantly. I’m even moving the entire system room to room in order to squeeze out sonic nuances. I’m striving for a better sound experience always. I spend a fair amount of time listening to music in my home and visiting as many hifi shops as I have time for. I love comparing the sound of different systems. I spent almost two hours last week moving crap  around in my dealers room full of shiny objects trying to build what I can image might work in my home. I absoulutely love the sound of music and listening to the sound of music and just listening to music. All kinds. I studied music up until college and thought I was going to be a professional musician. My father taught my how to build stuff and at a very young age, he let me solder resistors to the circuit boards of his Dynakit Pre-Amp and Amp in 1967. I’ve worked so hard all my life and I’ve managed to save money and build a lovely life for myself. I am a very lucky man and always try to see the positive in every endeavor.

So... Bored...? Never...

@jomonhifi 

sorry if I offended you, I guess I only knew 2% of the story. (however I am not sorry for, maybe this was one quick to way to get the details out of you :) )

Good luck to you. I work hard too, but I am more on the "buried in debt" side, and I just dream about little things like a cheap, used subwoofer. So I don't have your problems, but I enjoy reading about them.

on the question: because of your room size (from the pictures) I would use bookshelf speakers.

this is a fine list:

Marten, Sonner, Joseph would be my order of interest....

If you enjoyed the SF sound and merely need volume I think the Amatis or Pearls would be great. I'm also in the Rockport camp, and Tidal. Sound you can enjoy for hours and hours; I have Raidho D2s and have never looked back.