I feel bad for Generation X and The Millennial's

Us Baby boomers were grateful to have experienced the best era for rock/soul/pop/jazz/funk from 1964 thru 1974. We were there at the right age. Motown, Stax, Atlantic, Hi Records and then look at the talent we had. The Beatles, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, James Brown, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery,  T Rex etc. Such an amazing creative explosion in music, nothing can beat that era.

I feel bad for the younger crowd Generation X and Millennials who missed it and parents playing their records for you it isn't the same experience, seeing these artists live years after their prime also isn't the same.

128x128probocop

There has been great music since the dawn of recorded music in all generations. There also has been less than great music in all generations. Great music to my way of thinking is music that has aged well. I can listen to 1930’s swing music for a couple of hours and switch to contemporary music for a while. I can put on a Flatt and Scruggs album and then a Frank Sinatra with Count Baise. Go from the Stones to Sturgill Simpson. As a 71 year old baby boomer I probably listen more to music from my high school and college years but to say that you feel sorry for another generation let’s me know you haven’t explored music from other generations. I could give you countless examples but if you like female vocals just dial up Brandi Carlisle and see how she stacks up to other great female vocalists.

My thoughts exactly. Well articulated. In fact I’ve over played my favorite and b come a little jaded.  Nothing recent gives me goosebumps 

Leave complaining and brooding behind, and cease projecting helplessness. Go with what you know and/or experience as best you can. I’m a Boomer, a dual national, and dedicated to enjoying great music. Don’t stream except for using Apple music in my 2008 Toyota FJ with its original sound system. Grew up with vinyl, biut with the refinement of CD mastering, I left the scratches, pops, and skips behind. Too lazy to get up, turn the record over, cue the tonearm, and trying to rationalize why I don’t want to put forth the effort to provide the meticulous care vinyl needs. I’m fortunate to have a close friend in Baltimore whose family dedicated themselves to recorded music and the ongoing refinement of the industry’s electronics. The salon still exists and with the same mission. "Relax, enjoy...no rush." The recent decades have contaminated much of what we appreciated.

Still upset? Listen to Dylan’s It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)

@oregon The TV dinners sucked but JoAnn Castle brought the house down every time.  I implore anyone who who hasn't heard her give a listen!