Any insight with the Berkeley Alpha DAC ..??

Reference Recordings, which had had some spectacular CDs on the market is launching a "HRx" DVD-A product which is 24bit and sampled at 176.4 or 88.2 kHZ ...They recommend using a Windows XP desktop fitted with a Lynx AES 16 card and a Media Monkey as it's player and play this 2 channel DVD-R disk through a BERKELEY Audio Design Alpha DAC.

This has been favorably mentioned as a breakthrough in the Absolute Sound April/May edition....has anybody had any experience with this???

I would appreciate your response. Thanks
128x128jafo100
Anyone have any idea (or if you've spent time with it could hazard a guess) how good the Alpha would be using an MBL as transport and Squeezebox Duet as alternate source? I know I need to hear it for myself in my system, just trying to gauge whether or not to go through the trouble of setting that up.

Thanks.
I would like to know how it (Alpha) compares to the Wavelength Cosecant V3...anyone?
I have had the dac for roughly a year and will not be changing my digital source. I have nothing but great things to say about the Alpha dac. I run it direct to my amp and feed it a digital signal via aes3 from a Logitech Transporter (wireless). It is easily the best digital I have heard. It really shines with a Spectral amp, being able to keep up with all the speed, accuracy and dynamics of the wide bandwidth. Every upgrade I have made (including a ridiculous speaker upgrade) it just keeps getting better. It seems to have no limit. I will say that it seems important to use a good digital cable and power cord if you are looking to get the most out of it. If you are considering the Alpha, I would strongly agree. There seems to be another latest greatest every day but I have zero interest in trying them. This is all not surprising when you consider the minds behind the dac. Good luck with your quest Pedrillo.
I just picked one up recently (I kind of followed your recommendation, Richard) and am absolutely thrilled. Totally agree on cables and PC and I just started putting my SB3 into a Monarchy DIP upsampler and it definatley has equaled my Esoteric X03SE on redbook (listening to an LA 4 SACD now on the Esoteric and it is heavenly, but I digress...). I described it to a coworker who is also an audiophile (has the Puccinni and Uclock) and the most accurate description I could come up with is that the Berkeley just does it 'right'. Seemless soundstage, framed by the speakers, incredible resolution, great detail and dynamics. The way it retrieves the lowest sounds (off a squeezebox) is simply astonishing.