Powered speakers show audiophiles are confused

17 of 23 speakers in my studio and home theater systems are internally powered. My studio system is all Genelec and sounds very accurate. I know the best new concert and studio speakers are internally powered there are great technical reasons to design a speaker and an amp synergistically, this concept is much more important to sound quality than the vibration systems we often buy. How can an audiophile justify a vibration system of any sort with this in mind.

128x128donavabdear

@phusis,

Have you been following what I said I do?  Speakers for professional applications? Do you think that just means studio speakers?  @donavabdear mixes for movies where you are trying to "recreate" real dynamic events.

20CuFt is not really enough for a proper horn loading at 20Hz.

Tell me @phusis, what is your personal definition of "dynamics"? 
What is a sufficient peak db level?

What is a peak db level listening to an orchestra say 10 rows from the stage?

How often are you trying to recreate a Saturn V launch?

@phusis 

Please chime in on the video I posted on 17.2.13 setup, would love your thoughts on the setup and of course the sub

@kota1 oh man that is a fun room. I would give a lot to hear it. Interesting to hear music played at a low volume in a room like that I have a feeling it would poor,  firehouse filling a tea cup kinda story. Impossible to mix for a room like that.  Makes me think of seeing a dragster driving down Main Street looks cool but everything else about the drive may be a compromise. A lot to think about. Thanks