Under my tower speakers -- Isoacoustics Gaia, other options?

I have Ascend towers (45lbs each) on a concrete floor covered in thin wall to wall with an area rug on top of that. I am looking into different footers for my speakers and am curious what people with towers on concrete have tried and liked.

To my mind, something as expensive as Townshend platforms do not seem worth it, as they'd cost about a third of the price of the speakers themselves.

If you've tried Gaia III isolators or other kinds of feet for your speakers, especially on concrete floors, I'm curious to hear your observations. Thanks.

128x128hilde45

@tonywinga

A couple of years ago I watched a Peter Townsend video demonstrating his speaker platforms

That would be surprising. Pete Townshend is the guitarist for the Who. The gentleman who made the Podiums was Max. No relation. https://hifiplus.com/articles/max-townshend-a-personal-tribute/

Oh yeah. Thanks for the correction.  I was listening to The Who just the other day. 

@constantin1970, I have them under my big Tannoys. I think sticking to the floor (creating a suction) is how they are supposed to work. 

Late as usual, but a great discussion. 

@tonywinga, to take your great advice and experience (all around) a step further, I was dissatisfied with the high constant rate of the Nobsound springs. I went and found matching springs with about half constant rate (9.3lbs/inch I think) and bought a hundred. On very lightweight items I use one spring per Nobsound unit, and only three units (tripod) for only 3 total springs.

I was unconsciously trying to keep the gaps as small as possible like you recommend at .1", just so the thing can flex up and down a tiny bit only. Today I read up more and now 'get it'. I wanted 'soft and floating' for it all, slow to settle.

Now my Nobsound springs are used for three subs and I still don't need that many in each. I only used the lighter after-market and as few springs per component as possible for that tiny gap. I have eight components gently floating now.

I loved your description of speaker platforms and have been semi-engineering the springs I'd need for 110lb speakers and home-built platform. Just a bit scared of the speakers going down if not planned exactly right. It is the final frontier for finishing off my gear, and will probably yield the single most benefit if done correctly.

I finally figured out how to post a picture.  This picture shows my spring platforms that I made for my speakers which I now use on my HT subwoofers.  Trickle down.