I feel bad for Generation X and The Millennial's

Us Baby boomers were grateful to have experienced the best era for rock/soul/pop/jazz/funk from 1964 thru 1974. We were there at the right age. Motown, Stax, Atlantic, Hi Records and then look at the talent we had. The Beatles, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, James Brown, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery,  T Rex etc. Such an amazing creative explosion in music, nothing can beat that era.

I feel bad for the younger crowd Generation X and Millennials who missed it and parents playing their records for you it isn't the same experience, seeing these artists live years after their prime also isn't the same.

128x128probocop

I'm generation x and not only have my tastes in music changed so has what I think actually sounds good. I prefer CDs but only well recorded and produced copies. 

I'll get into vinyl soon, starting to collect records from estate sales but have yet to get a player. 

What concerns me is the kids now are totally satisfied with the speaker on their phone playing music out loud or a tiny Bluetooth speaker. Expect a lot of really nice expensive systems ( and by then mostly vintage) to be for sale when we are all gone. 

I still don't like streaming as the quality isn't Newark it as good as a CD but I'll do it if that's the only way or maybe on a jobsite where there is other noise anyway. 

Genx and Millennials will have the last laugh when we are dead and be saying the same thing about HipHop and Rap… just like our parents said about Glenn Miller and Frank Sinatra.

Seeing someone live and appreciating music are not mutually exclusive.  I have a niece and great nephew who both appreciate Led Zeppelin and like classic rock and one's in high school and the other is a few years out of college.

Everything is relative...for example the golden age of the automobile may be now... I just hope none of the K-cars become collector cars for the Mopar or no car crowd.