BS Node N130 USB to External DAC won't work

I've successfully connected my new Black Ice DAC to the NODE using Coax, and wanted to try the supplied USB cable.

The BS app is seeing the DAC in settings but I'm not getting any sound, with or without the Coax connected. I have tried rebooting the NODE.

I could not find any relevant answers in the BS support forum.

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

macg19

Sorry I  can’t help but I found the bs Facebook group to be super helpful for these questions. 

In looking at the owners manual for the N130, it has only one USB port. The default setting is as an input for a USB thumb driver or external USB hard drive.  The manual says that to use it as a USB output to a DAC, the Node needs updated software, and then one needs to go into the menu settings and bypass the internal DAC and choose the correct external DAC.

As you can see, it is not an automatic process that takes place when you insert the USB cable.

All of that said, I don't own a Node and have no idea if they have ever released the updated software, nor if your Node has it installed.  And, even if you have the updated software, there may be an issue if your particular DAC is not on their menu.

Hopefully someone with this Node who has gone through this particular process will come along with more details for you.

@skoczylas thanks for the FB tip!

@mlsstl I do have the latest firmware and confirmed with BS support that USB should work with an external DAC. Thanks for looking it up.

I think it just buggy software...

I'll reach out again to BS support