New Pink Floyd release

Pink Floyd is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the release of Dark Side of the Moon.

The forthcoming The Dark Side Of The Moon box set will be available through Warners on March 24. It includes a CD and gatefold vinyl of the newly remastered studio album and Blu-Ray and DVD audio featuring the original 5.1 mix and remastered stereo versions.  The set also includes an additional new Blu-ray disc of a Dolby Atmos mix plus CD and LP of The Dark Side Of The Moon - Live At Wembley Empire Pool, London, 1974.

I hope the "remastered" versions are worthy improvements, but that isn't always the case these days.

The artwork is creating a stir among a small segment of "fans" who don't know what prisms and rainbows are... attacking or dis-owning the band for their "wokism". Can't make this stuff up, sadly. 

50th anniversary release of Dark Side Of The Moon

mwinkc

I have always thought that "woke" people were incredibly superficial and dumb.  I read MWINKC's link.  I now think they are stupid beyond belief.  The new album's logo is but a variation of the original  - showing the breakup of light in a prism.  Back when the original album cover was produced in the very early 1970's, I don't think that the term LBGTQ even existed or that the symbol for gay persons was a rainbow (which itself is the breakup of light through the prism of the atmosphere after a rain).  While Dark Side of the Moon is great, my favorite Pink Floyd album is "Wish You Were Here" which I wish had its own anniversary edition.

@macg19 I saw quite a few comments on Twitter from the usual 'crowd' complaining and throwing hissy fits stating that the prism 'rainbow' was supporting gay rights. The album sleeve has the prism colors in the zero part of '50'. It's really sad.

Thanks for sharing these...hilarious!

#1 The headline doesn't make sense, pretty sure it's the woke mob not anti-woke. And the band is un-cancellable. 

#2 Let's remember the so called "mob" are Twits that make up a miniscule % of the Twitter universe. Idiots with too much time and too much gov't money in their pockets.

Lastly, I scored a pristine 1979 reissue (MFSL 1-017) a year or two ago for $80 that sounds fantastic. On the playlist for tonight - sadly, no blotter acid in the house.  

Forget the wokeness, how about $290 for what is basically a 10 song album with a commonly found bootleg of a 1974 concert attached to it... now I'd gladly pay whatever they asked for a good filmed version of seeing them play live back in March 1973...