Wishbone Ash fans...

My system is "singing", I have one of the currently 'best' lp cleaners available, ... so I'm searching through long ago played lps... yes... Wishbone Ash, "No Smoke Without Fire".

Wow! I'm now, blown away. This lp is wholeheartedly analog while still having modern traits. The transient response on the lower bass region is exceptional IMO.

This is my favorite WA lp. Some may disagree. What's your experience?
128x128slaw
For sure Wishbone Ash is a great band. One of my favorite instrumental albums of all time has to be "Nouveau Calls"..... Pure craftsmanship on every level.
Ahhh, the sound of Wishbone Ash. The sound of their twin lead guitars is so good. I remember first hearing "New England" and the dreamy, "night FM" sound it has. I have a 23-year old son who appreciates them too. We went to see them a few years ago and they played through the entire "Argus" album. I had no idea it was so good. The good old days, back when rock was still underground and not the commercial wreck it has made of itself.

Good to hear from other Wishbone Ash fans. Rock on!
Big fan myself.. saw them in Tampa Fl, at Curtis Hixon hall back in 73 or 74, not long after their double LP Wishbone Live was released with the original members. Martin Turner sang and played his ass off on that old Thunderbird bass. Electric Light Orchestra opened the show for them.
More to discover