room size question.

( wasnt sure what category to put this in ,so figured this one would get more views)

in watching some you tube videos, one from Jays audio lab, and another one from Paul ( ps audio ), they both mention how the speakers should be set up in the room and it seems they bring them out into the room quite a bit.    they say that when this happens, you have the soundstage and jay was mentioning that there are layers that one gets to hear when listening.

my question i guess is that can this same thing happen in a smaller room, say 12x12 or is one just limited to say center imaging due to room size ?

room is treated

this is the ps audio video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x63RORq8JMw

jays video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZOWcvbfNZw

bshaw

Something to try would be to raise the speaker to a higher level so that the tweeter plane is at least at ear height.

I have the same room size and today I sat closer to the speakers and lower. My ears were at the midbass driver level.

5' out instead of 6', sitting on the floor. Giant difference. a lot more "surrounding", spacious soundstage. 

I have a humble system and 0 room treatment, other than curtains and furniture 

I have the same room size and today I sat closer to the speakers and lower. My ears were at the midbass driver level.

5' out instead of 6', sitting on the floor. Giant difference. a lot more "surrounding", spacious soundstage. 

@grislybutter  , this thread got me back to tweaking in my room.  The clean space in my room is actually smaller than your room & OPs room, but out of curiosity, could you tell me how far you have your speakers from the rear & side walls?  Thanks/Matt

@immatthewj 

rear wall: 3.5', side wall: 2' distance between speakers: 6.5'

my distance is about 7' from each speaker

I think I would benefit from moving them closer/out 0.5' in each direction

Im in a small 10 by 13 room and it is challenging by not impossible to achcieve what your after.Leveling speaker is done with lazer placed on top of cab focused toward the listening chair.I did this with them (speakers) just over shoulder toe in.I got rid of room controll (side/bass traps too) and went this route letting my ears get use to this.Sound much more open,live.I read a galen carol article about stands and it made the difference in imaging...Smaller rooms dont have room for "nodes" to develop is one theory that i read?.measure speaker front tweeter to back/front wall.Cant be too nerdy about the little things...🎼