Quad panel outlet - can I do one circuit on this?

Can I do a 20 amp dedicated circuit to four outlets in a quad panel on the wall?

I guess that means one circuit breaker would be wired into 4 spots to plug something into.

jumia

@yogiboy Wrote:

Does your amp have a cord like this? 30 amps will run my hot tub!

No. See amp power cord below image 2 that’s the factory power cord my amp has.

Mike

If you had your choice between using 2 20 amp circuit breakers to power a Multi branch outlet configuration involving 2 duplexes, and a single 20 amp circuit breaker to power those same 2 duplexes, is there any benefit in having a second 20 amp circuit breaker involved? This assumes you don't need the additional power.

Because a multi branch configuration is not really 2 dedicated circuits, why not just use one dedicated Circuit breaker to power the two duplexes.  I am planning to remove one of the 20 amp circuit breakers and eliminate the multi branch configuration because I see no value in thie Second circuit breaker being used. Best to use it for a truly dedicated circuit elsewhere.

I do believe you can make a 30 A / 120 V piece of gear, but why?

At that point, running a 15 A / 220V circuit is preferable, with half the voltage drop over the same gauge. If that amp is switchable, at all, it should be run at 220V.

@gs5556

Multiple receptacles on one dedicated circuit has the disadvantage of having multiple ground points, increasing the chance of ground loop hum. This is why it’s not a good idea to have one receptacle for each piece of audio gear.

I am not an electrician, but you have lost me on this: "Multiple receptacles on one dedicated circuit has the disadvantage of having multiple ground points"

If these outlets are on one dedicated circuit, they all connect to the neutral/ground bar, at the panel, on the same equipment ground wire and on the same neutral wire. Right?

If you had multiple dedicated circuits (one for each outlet, which is what I was doing in the past) THEN you would have "multiple ground points" (as you put it) AND multiple neutral wire connections. Right?

This is why it’s not a good idea to have one receptacle for each piece of audio gear.

So what are you saying the option is? Some kind of strip or a power conditioner? Aside from the possible benefit of ’power conditioning’, how are either of those any different than having "Multiple receptacles on one dedicated circuit"?