Looking for a McIntosh amp that gives a great example of the “McIntosh Sound”

What is a good vintage or newer amp that has that “McIntosh sound” everyone loves.  My budget is $3k and I want to stay solid state.  I don’t want to debate McIntosh, I am looking specifically for McIntosh.  The amp will be powering JM Lab Mini Utopias.

128x128justinrphillips

Good to see die hard mcintosh fans. I own a mcintosh mc402 solid state power amp and a c2600 tube preamp. Mcintosh equipment is built for life otherwise it will last a hell of a long time. Although I have other equipment that to my ears sound cleaner and more detailed. Example my parasound hca 3500 with a parasound p6 preamp. I also have a audio research sp-3 with a krell fbb-300 that destroyed ever piece of audio I have musical wise. Do I believe my other Audio equipment will outlast my mcintosh hell no!!!. Regardless what piece of audio equipment I own or will ever own in the future. It’s all about ( my ears ) . What sounds the best to my ears. Will I ever sell my mcintosh gear hell no. The build quality is second to none. I know I got my money worth with mcintosh gear

Post removed 

I guess since I have all McIntosh from the phono pre and cd player to the pre and amps to speakers, I have the McIntosh sound. For the life of me I have no idea what that is though. From my perspective it sounds fabulous. 

Have heard and had most of the old McIntosh tube amps. The MC225 is nice and people like it a lot. Not so fond of the 240.

But the old tube version of the 275? Now, I've heard one rebuilt and it is just a superb McIntosh amp. If you can get one in good condition, you'd likely be pleased to give it a try in your system. 

I'm on some rebuilt custom tube monoblocks now but that old MC-275 is really great.

MC275 a classic and great sounding can add an extra and run two mono blocks, best resale of most McIntosh gear