Dac Upgrade

HI All

I currently have a Perreaux R200i intergrated amp  / Image revelation floor standers ,using a Sony xa5400 sacd player for my discs and a Sony  Hapz1es playing my digital files.. thinking of upgrasing at some stage but not sure if i Go Marantz Sa10 or Halo May dac..anyone compared them , will the be much of a update to my system? or are there any other good / better dacs out there?

CHeers!

boomtheroom

How would you describe the sound of the Perreaux R200i intergrated amp? As this should influence your decision of your chosen dac? I have a Belles integrated and wanted to soften the highs that I was experiencing with my speakers. Therefore I went with the Orchid which has really helped with the listener fatigue. I actually purchased a used R200i recently so would be very interested in hearing opinions of its sound characteristics. Thanks, happy new year.

I love my R200i. Not looking to upgrade. Got it recapped last year.

Has a good amount of power for my ATC speakers. A neutral sound. Good soundstage, takes control of the music. Good instrument separation. 

Tony at Coherent Systems UK has lots of Dacs he has ordered and listened to. He gives very good advice on Dac options.

Santa Girl gave me a Holo May for Christmas.  Heavy little beast and took some re-working/arranging of the rack to set it all up but yikes!, is it ever clear.  Have a Hegel H390 and was previously relying on its internal DAC.  It was good, very good, but the system always seemed like it wasn't letting the Sopra 2's deliver to the their capability.  That is no longer a concern, so I further the recs for the Holo May.  However, I will admit I didn't listen to anything else so other than the Hegel's internal DAC, or the Ayre CD player's internal DAC, I don't have a comparative point of ref.

I have the Holo May KTE, it is sublime.

I would skip the KTE upgrade unless you have really good stuff to go with it.

Check out the GoldenSound review of it on YT, everything he says about it is true.