Home theater and 2 channel setup from same speakers?

Is it possible to have a home theater mutli channel setup going to the same L/R speakers as a 2 channel system?  Some kind of A/B box? 

I currently have a home theater 5 channel setup.  I would like to add a tube based system and some new speakers.  The room I'm in could probably support both sets of L/R speakers but I was curious if I wanted to downsize speakers, is it possible to run a AVR and tube integrated amp without physically moving cables and such? 

128x128johns21

2-way amp amplifier / speaker selector switch box, stereo audio input amplifier switcher.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOVOhIe

It works well for me but YOU might want to be careful switching it in before firing an amp up, especially tubed.

Home Theatre Bypass

For a list of units that have this feature, look here: <

>

OK, thanks.  I've got some reading to do now.  I've heard about HT bypass but have ignore until now. 

I have an Onkyo rz50 and would like to get the Willsenton r300 for 2 channel 

@johns21 I am running a tube pre, and currently a tube stereo amp.
The other HT channels I am using are on Class-D.

I am seriously thinking of going Class-D on the main L/R pair.

I am sure there are arguments both ways, but a tube pre and A/B or Class-D between them and the speakers are not a bad way to go.

Probably better is HT is used for the majority of the time. Otherwise those tubes get used up on HT where one is not listening as intently.

But horses for courses, as they say.

Yes, it is MUCH easier than most people think. And it is NOT a compromise of yoru 2 channel sound. HT Bypass as people have mentioned is the official name for it.

What it really is, is a seperate input to recieve pre-out from your HT reciever for the front 2 speakers. So when you want to watch a movie, you just switch inputs.

What isn’t often made is an amp (not integrated) with 2 inputs. That is what I have. My tube amp is an integrated but I bypass the volume to make it an amp and use the multiple inputs--one for my preamp, and one for my HT amp.  I am having a custom amp built, and one feature I've ordered is multiple inputs.

Jerry

PS You do need an HT amp that has PRE OUT, at least for the 2 front channels. Of course once you hook it up this way you’ll go into the HT setup and balance the speakers in this mode.