Buzzing from speakers on TT rig

Looking for a little help or suggestions:

I have a Marantz TT15S1 hooked up to one of several amps. There was 0 noise in the beginning. I was using the Phono Input on the MF integrated. I added a Rogue Triton phono stage and all was good for a few days. Then the buzzing started. It was to the point where if you touch any point of the tone arm it makes weird static noises and touching the ground wire into the Rogue makes loud pops! I re-arranged the wiring and it seemed to help. Now I moved everything around on the racks and it's louder than ever. I took the Rogue out of the circuit and ran through the phono on the MF A1008 and there is still a slight buzz but not a violent snapping like with the Rogue. Ohh and I floated the ground on the Rogue and it made no difference. 

Even through using only the MF phono input I can make the buzzing vary a little by wiggling the ground cable around. Very frustrated. Is there a better way to ground that may help, could it be in the cartridge or TT wiring? My digital system is 100% noise free so I think my power is ok. Rogue is being shipped back for a replacement but I hope I don't have the same thing when I receive it. Should a vinyl rig be basically noise free or should expect some static? Sorry for the long winded rambling post! I am very new to the vinyl world. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Jason

mofojo

I don’t know if it worked yet or not. Didn’t get a chance to try cause of holiday BS. Will try some time this weekend. I did feel the ground cable coming out of the TT and feel it may be split inside the cord! Maybe that’s wishful thinking but shall see. 

Hello everyone. Still got the problem in a new location with a new Phono Pre and dedicated outlets. Is it possible to upload a video of what’s going on? Thinking maybe seeing and hearing what I got going may give some peeps a different idea and would be greatly appreciated. 

Will do thanks. Just left for delayed blizzard holiday. I’ll post next week. 

thanks! 

Still got the problem in a new location with a new Phono Pre and dedicated outlets.

@mofojo This means whatever is wrong was moved with the rest of the equipment. I've serviced 1000s of turntables and preamps; the most likely thing here is as I suggested earlier- a bad connection- broken wire. They can be broken inside while looking perfectly normal.