I have NOVA V's and I am not happy

I have a Mark Levinson 585 and a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica Nova V's and although I admittedly have some room acoustic issues that I am working on I am not happy with the sound. 

I listen to music LOUD. This Pairing thru a pair of Kimber Cable 8TC's gets bright in what I think is the 2 to 4 khz range and the sonus faber nova's seem to mute the lower end of female vocals, artist like Macy Gray or Tina Turner dont seem to have the same drive in the lower octaves. At the same time the upper end of vocals like Sheryl Crow can get too bright and cause fatigue (I am assuming this is in the 2 to 4khz range) I have tried every speaker placement you can think of, toe in, toe out. distance from front wall and I am adding acoustic treatments as fast as they can be shipped. 

Here is my question, I had Mark Levinson 436 Mono Blocks in the past connected to a pair of B&W Nautilus 802's thru a pair of MIT Shotgun bi-wire speaker cables and I never noticed that system to be bright. Granted that system was in a different room in a different house. Everyone is telling me that B&W is a brighter sounding  speaker by far over Sonus Faber. If I decide after all my room treatments that I am not a fan of the Sonus Faber sound where should I turn for my replacement speaker? Or is it Mark Levinson's Fault? I want Rich Lush Loud Musical sound. I like a decent sound stage, I also really love it when when you hear decay from the instruments. I don't really care if that's what is neutral or not that's what I like :) 

Where did I go wrong and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks Lee

Ag insider logo xs@2xrlross3

All hardware and cable recommendations are system and user specific and thus irrelevant.

The speaker has some very low impedance points possibly making the ML unhappy, a horrifically wrong frequency spectrum and it's ported. Nothing will make it sound any good. See Sonus faber Olympica Nova V Loudspeaker Lab Report | Hi-Fi News (hifinews.com) 

Found this VERY funny, The Joys of buying Italian! Buying a pair of Sonus Faber is a lot like buying a Ducati! 

Consider me another vote for the "Sheryl Crow (or any 90's recording) is generally not where you want to judge a speaker" crowd.

@ieales your assessment of the Nova 5 is about the most inaccurate statement or reference. Nothing will make it sound good? Why would a company make a product that doesn't sound good or match well with various electronics? 

Just noticed the OP has these speakers for sale on Audiomart.  From what I can see his room isn't damped well plus the speakers aren't even set-up properly.  Seems like a waste of time helping this guy.