Who says studio monitors are "cold and analytical"?

Who says studio monitors are "cold and analytical"?  Does that mean audiophile speakers are warm/colored and distorted?   If Studio Monitors main goal is low distortion, does that mean low distortion is not something audiophiles want?  They want what, high distortion?  "Pretty" sounding distortion?  Or find pretty sounding speakers that make bad recordings sound really good?  What is the point of searching out good recordings then?  They won't sound as intended on a highly colored distorted speaker!   

Ag insider logo xs@2xlonemountain

Do not care if they have a studio sound but i would like my next speakers to be PMC' s either Fenestria or IB2 se (trying to understand where the cold comes in).

Interestingly pro audio folks don't really reference ASR and don't generally quote specs when discussing monitors (eg on forums like Gearspace). It's much more about their subjective experience listening. Remember these are folks who are literally paid to listen to music critically and make minute adjustments to it all day long, including being able to pick out very precise frequencies and level adjustments. They have very well-trained ears. 

Statements like this one make me chuckle. 

“Studio monitors were designed by people that dont understand how sound works”.

This after proclaiming there is no such thing as a studio monitor. And never a word of consideration that an audio engineer might be listening for things that an audiophile is not…which is clearly the case. As such, the tools used may differ appropriately. 

I am wondering to myself after reading this is how many hear know a sound engineer?  My buddy did all the sounding engineering at Sony for many years until he retired.