Goodbye CD's

Seems that Borders by me is unloading all their cd's..They claim they are just not selling...Im sure this is just the beginning of the end in the retail stores for cd's...can it long before cd's are gone completely? Many Ive spoken with including some dealers have mentioned this and said "the writing is on the wall" for cd playback..

I have been on the fence about going to a file data system for music, and have been eyeing a Squeezebox duet and setting up my hard drive to take the plunge..maybe now its that time??

Or..maybe just Im just a geezer in my heart of hearts and should just look for old and new Vinyl to keep me going...hmmm..I could be very happy with a mainly vinyl set up ;-)
128x128kehut
Kiwi...sadly I dont think my Debbie Gibson or Twisted Sister cds are worth anything. It wont stop me from buying cds though.
Wow, that is cool Kiwi

I just got my two Eddie Money CD inserts signed personally by him. His Greatest Hits and Can't Hold Back.

Can you get your downloads signed either.
Kiwi, I think your point is well made. It is ever so. Ether is just that......
I don't think there is a single 'non physical' thing that is collectible-or so far I haven't heard of one having value, unless we want to talk about one of the 3 unmentionables, where-if not value- there is certainly a lot of wealth......
Perhaps I am just nostalgic but I still buy lots of CDs. I rip them to my server then I store the CDs away. I never sell any of the CDs I have ever purchased (even Milli Vanilli or Debbie Gibson), keeping it like a bit of personal history. Maybe one day my kids will go through my CD stash and have a good laugh.