Where did you buy your first audio gear?

I bought my first audio gear in a Post Exchange PX store in Baumholder Germany. I was a young soldier about 20 yrs old and bought a SAE amp and Preamp, Bose 901 speakers, Sony CDP-101 CD player and a Thorens TD 320 turntable. Where did you buy your first audio gear? What did you get?

128x1282psyop
Post removed 

1973, I was 19 at Camp Courtney, Okinawa, Japan, base sterio store.  Bose 901s, Akai cassette player, Sansui receiver, Gerrard Zero 100 turntable, and I finished with an Akai reel to reel with an 8-track in its side.  I was happier than a pig in mud😁

When I went to college after the Marines, i got involved in the sterio escalation wars with my fraternity brothers.  I was the man they were all gunning for.  Went to Pioneer 950, then someone got the 1050, then someone else went 1250, some others went Yamaha; GREAT time to be alive. When my monthly GI Bill check was received, we'd go buy some more pot and listen to music.  I did graduate😂

Tech hi-fi in Bryn Mawr, just outside of Philadelphia. A pair of large advent loudspeakers, a Nikko 7075 receiver, and a Phillips 212 turntable I was 16 years old. 

Small hifi storefront on Valley Road in South Orange, New Jersey.  Don't remember the name.  Became a pet store a few years later.

I walked past this store every day going to high school.  The window display fascinated me.  I saved up my lunch money for over a year and bought a Fisher 3 piece system with turntable built into the top of a receiver, plus 2 speakers -- midfi at best.  Cost a whopping $300.