The Right Speaker Cables

Looking to try new speaker cables. I just tried a pair of Nordost Superflatline cables in place of my Blue Jean Cables. I found the Nordost more detailed which i loved but they didn't have the fullness that Bue Jean provides me. I find the Nordost having a leaner sound. My price range at this moment is around $500 for the pair. Suggestions on other cables I could try.

My System:  Amp - Parasound A21+, Preamp - Parasound P6, Phono Amp - Parasound JC 3 Jr, Turntable - MOFI Studiodeck with Ultra Cartridge, Streamer - Bluesound Vault 2i, Speakers - GoldenEar Triton One.R

derfman66

@sgunther @derfman66 

I have the Triton 1.r and use the Silversmith Fidelium cables with them, if you can stretch your budget to them you will be done. You won't need to consider future upgrade paths. They will astonish you.

I've got some pricey AQ and Morrow cables but curiosity reared its ugly head again so I bought a pair Kimber's new red and black (cool looking) 8PR cables...relatively inexpensive and they now have the "vari strand" copper innards in the latest version...I bought a 13 1/2 foot pair and they're great sounding, especially for less than 500 bucks. Note they are not marked for direction (they develop some sort of direction after use allegedly), leaving me somewhat directionless. 

Please check out the Marigo audio labs line of cabling. Pure copper, stay away from silver cables-they tend to skew the frequencies-especially the top end and can sound bright, lean & brittle. Unless u can afford some Audio Note silver but very expensive.

LOL wolf_garcia "directionless"

derfman66  ...now that we have you totally confused, Luminous Audio Technology is another long proven, fair priced recommend that feature musicality above all.  Tim Stinson is a character person.  

More Peace         Pin      (bold print for old eyes)