Outlet - Shunyata vs Hubble 20 amp

Trying to decide between these two 20 amp outlets.

Shunyata SR-Z1 is cryogenically treated and built well, cost $100.

Hubble makes a hospital grade outlet HBL 8300 for about $30-$40.

Should I stick with Shunyata since I use their Power cords and cables? Anybody know anything about these outlets?

jumia

Funny...

I purchased a TOTL P&S orange outlet back then (maybe $20+ years ago) and it sucked for HiFi use.

I gave it to a neighbor to use in his cellar located wood shop.

This thread has been a positive mental exorcise for me as I have not thought of these particulars for years.

Thanks jumia.

DeKay

This thread is getting really confusing and the hospital grade Hubbel outlets contain nickel plating. Nickel plating it’s not used by audio grade outlets.

higher end outlet sellers don’t use nickel and say negative things about it. So anything to do with Hubble it’s not a good idea unless you like to look at stars and galaxies and things really really far away.

@jea48 has it right. Albert had to go to a different outlet, still custom ordered, I got some of the last of them in gray (use red nylon cover plates that were like .99 cents), I think it got to a point where it wasn’t worth the trouble to Albert.

I’m hoping to see him in a few days; we’ve known each other a pretty long time and though I’ve been in Texas now 10 years, we haven’t met. Mea Culpa. I’m fixin to rectify that shortly. Albert is a good guy.

Have fun.

Jumia:

The link to Take Five Audio seems to have what you may be looking for, just confirm that it is as pictured.

I've purchased from them before and my only comment is that shipping was fairly high, but in these times I really don't care about such as I prefer to not go out locally to shop aside from food/meds (delivery is a good thing for now).

If you instead want to spend hundreds on a receptacle - fine - I don't have a problem with that.

DeKay