looking for the best music CDR's

cost is not important as I want the best available to burn my collection. Any opinions on what you like and why will be appreciated. Listen to alot of Jazz, Blues, and some classic rock. thanks for your help and as always I get great advice from audio-gon members. Don't think my system matters in this instance but I have Mordaunt-short speakers,Audire amp and pre-amp, Thorens turntable, TEAC CD, and Parasound tuner. Thanks!
horsnit
[[Last year when it became clear that music CDR's may go extinct.]]Could you elaborate on this.1st I've heard.I find it hard to believe they will disappear any time soon.....There's a guy over at AA that bought a back up Universal player and stored it so he could play in the future his DVD-A's and SACD's when they stop making them.I think they will be around for years and years to come at least on E Bay.JD
Thanks for the info L. Will try to track down some of your suggestions. The latest batch I used are HPMusic CDR's. My dad burned some on a disc but am not sure what they are. They have an A which is surrounded partially by a circle. I will try to find out what they are. He lives in the Nashville, TN. area and there may be more available. I like the sound of those better than the HP's.

Lori
Lori, you still haven’t told us what unit you are using to burn CDRs.

Jd, I’m making an experienced SWAG based on the fact that there is less than a half dozen or so stand alone consumer recorders available. Also, I have seen more and more B&M stores reducing shelf space for them or they just stopped carrying them all together...like Sam’s did.

Wingoguy, I don’t believe those Taiyo Yuden CDRs are the music/audio version. They are ones to use in a PC or a professional burner. They do have some Fuji Music CDRs but I’m not familiar with those.
What not to buy, MEMOREX CD MUSIC these are very unreliable,I got what I thought was deal(at AMAZON) but it was not.The MAXELL GOLD cd music from Walmart seemed very good.I prefer a 1 to 1 speed recording and these never failed like the MEMOREX.
From what I understand, Mitsui are the best for overall quality and longevity. I have used these for mastering purposes and have had great luck and no issues whatsoever.

Otherwise, the Taiyo Yudens are supposed to be a safe bet as well.

I have also used the Japanese made Fuji's quite a bit over the years and they do a great job.

If cost was not any object though I would definitely choose the Mitsuis.