Lyra Etna Lambda SL tracking force

On another thread @newtoncr posted a question about VTF for the Etna Lambda SL cartridge: he queried whether his preferred tracking force of 1.8 - 1.9 g (mounted on an SME Series V arm) was OK given this was outside Lyra's recommended range of 1.62 - 1.72 g. 

The instructions that came with the Etna Lambda SL I've just had installed on a Linn Ekos SE arm state: 

‘Note that Etna SL (Lambda) features a new high-performance asymmetrical damping system, designed to make the signal coils precisely parallel to the front and rear magnets during play. The angle between signal coils and magnets is affected by tracking force, and we strongly advise not to deviate beyond our 1.68-1.78g guidelines. Setting tracking force so that the cantilever is exactly perpendicular to the (yellow) front magnet carrier during play should result in the largest dynamic range and best sound.’

For me the sweet spot appears to be 1.75g, at which setting the cantilever is still not exactly perpendicular to the magnet carrier (see photo) – suggesting that there is scope for further increasing VTF.

As the cartridge is breaking in I'm reluctant to increase tracking force. I'm wondering if anyone on here with experience of Lyra cartridges has used the 'perpendicular alignment' method?  

128x128p_vincent_jones

@p_vincent_jones 

my Lyra etna sl now sounds best with tracking force of 1.68 as recommended.

@rauliruegas 

i ordered a Lyra atlas lambda sl about 5 months ago and haven’t heard any updates on eta from my local dealer … the us distributor is not responding to me either . Do you know any other methods on how I can get an eta on the cartridge. For Eg contacting Jonathan carr ? Thank you

@rauliruegas 

My wait for the cartridge (here in the UK) was more than six months, with no information on eta from the importer ... so I think you'll just have to be patient. It will be worth it in the end!

This is slightly off topic - but I've found that fine-tuning azimuth on my Lyra Atlas was well worth it. Even though it only needed a small change (which I can do in the arm base of my SME V arm, allthough officially it doesnt have azimuth adjustment). We are a group of  audio friends who bought a Fozgometer v2 together, so the cost was reasonable for each. It is not a thing you need very often. I think it is easier  to get other parameters right if azimuth is spot on. Other methods can be used, e g an oscilloscope (the Foz makes it easy). I think most agree that this should be done measuring the cart output. Visual methods are not good enough.