Digital is far better than vinyl

I have invested a decent sum of money into my digital setup, including a decent streamer (Innuos Zenith MK3), a very good dac (Denafrips Terminator 2), Eno filter, and good cabling. But after being told by many here that vinyl is vastly superior to digital, I thought let’s build an analog system and see what all the fuss is about. So this is what I did ...

I picked up an Audio Technica TT from Amazon for around $299. I then used one of the older integrated amps with a built-in phono, which I believe I paid around $500 a few years ago. And, finally, just to even out the playing field I bought the cheapest possible cables from alibaba. Since I didn’t have extra rack space to put the TT on, I got a couple of bricks and built a DIY platform for it.

So after listening to the analog setup for a few days, I can proclaim without a shadow of doubt that digital is far, far superior than vinyl on any given day, and twice a day on Sunday.

What has been your experience? And please, don’t mention your gear or any special. cartridges, isolation, etc. Not interested in your system details. I just want to make sure you guys understand that digital is far, far superior than vinyl.

128x128arafiq

I am at this moment listening on a BluSound system through a Berkely Audio Series 3 Alfa DAC to a hi res FLAC version of Pierre Fournier’s Bach Cello Suites released in 2016 based on the Deutche Gramaphon Archiv Recording originally released in 1961. I have a superb vinyl playback system with a $2K Japanese made cartridge and a top of the line SOTA turntable that has been rebuilt at the factory. I grew up with vinyl, was disappointed by early CD’s and have had thousands of vinyl recordings across the board in quality.

There is no question that the streaming version of the Pierre Fournier digital release is better than the vinyl equivalent .. One has to make such comparisons at a high level of equipment on both sides before drawing any conclusions. Recently released hi res streaming beats the vinyl original in virtually every case.

Hahahahahahahaha. Stop my sides are hurting! For an amateur you're pretty funny!