Sooloos music server: Anyone hear, anyone a dealer

Seems like the unit got some rave reviews at CES this year. According to Stereophile, they changed their pricing strategy on the storage AND they release a few more products like a micro control and micro source unit.
Would love to hear what people think, if they heard it and also what the skinny is on the new hardware.

Thanks

Chris Jones
yetis
VRS and the Memory Player both have the same capabilities as the Sooloos.

No they don't. NOTHING I have seen has the same capabilities as the Sooloos in terms of the quality of the touchscreen and the GUI.

VRS has a website that is basically down and they were using J. River Media software previously (available for free to anyone)...not anywhere near as cool as the Sooloos. And the memory player seems even less like it.
Davemitchell, I guess I am more interested in the sound and the ease of selecting what I want, especially if the processor's activity interferes with the sound.
Hi All,
I have a Blue Smoke server on order. It was put together by a local dealer, Ron Laporte at Ultimate Audio in Deerfield , Illinois. They recommend a mid-level DAC by MSB. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks how it is.

David Shapiro
David, I heard it with the MSB. It sounded great.

Ask Ron if he is from ND and went to IIT in Chicago.
I bet at CES Sooloos did not use an external DAC and just used its own internal DAC...which is unlikely to be that good despite advertisements otherwise. My recollection re Memory Player is memory space is quite limited, really not an access/archive system but claims of better than CD quality (advantages of hard disk etc which is arguable, I'm not getting into that debate!), and its internal DAC capabilities...and not cheap either. Blue Smoke I have no idea.