How To Connect a DAC?

I have a NODE 3.  The two RCA Analog Out connectors go to my R and L powered/active speakers.  The Analog Sub Out RCA has a splitter, with each side going to a powered/active sub.  This is a mono signal and connects to the R side of each sub.

I’m looking to buy a separate DAC.  Most have XLR R and L Analog Outs, and RCA R and L Analog Outs.  I’m wondering how I would connect my speakers and subs.  My best guess is using 2 RCA splitters, I would connect one splitter to the R Analog Out to the R speaker and Sub 1 RCA R input.  The other splitter would connect the L Analog Out to the L speaker and Sub 2 L input.

Any thoughts?

128x128tcotruvo

@tcotruvo I think that is referred to as the “fear of missing out” (FOMO).

Could more people telling you have it “dialed in” help?

There will always be ones trying to sell things to get to nirvana, and I too can sometimes not stop when I should.

You certainly can try other things, and they could help, but if it is good and you like it now… are you missing out on anything (other than possibility)?

Ha!  I guess I was surprised that someone noticed my sound system when it was playing in the background.  I don’t live near an audio store, so next time I get to Minneapolis I’ll have to stop at one to see what really good systems sound like.

I’ve made several improvements already and am happy with them all.  If I can make another jump I’d like to do that.  If it doesn’t work out, I could sell what I bought, so not much lost.  One thing I have found is that listening to music that sounds really good is a treat!  I’m listening to Paradise Radio MQA.  But if I stream a radio station that isn’t playing high resolution music I don’t care to listen to it.

So, no, I don’t want to miss out on the next step up!

Minnesota is a bit of a hotbed for audio manufacturerers.

You should be able to find a good shop in the twin cities.
I know a few people around Duluth and Millacs lake.

@holmz 

Oh, I’m in Duluth.  But I don’t know anyone who has expertise in audio.  We have a Best Buy, but I don’t think they have a music listening setup.

@tcotruvo ,

”I am cautiously optimistic that a separate DAC will sound better.”

IME yes an outboard dac can make a substantial difference to the one in the Bluesound. Although I’m sure not SOTA a went up in my mind a few notches with the Musician Aquarius. System changer in my system. Didn’t expect that at all.

only streaming device I have is the Node 2 and it recently died. Only vinyl and cds for me for the foreseeable future.