Break In Failed

There is a new set of speakers on the way and after looking for tips on speaker break in, the topic hits left me smirking.

Good advice like face the speakers and wire one out of phase, use heavy blankets and leave on 24-7 for weeks.

The amusing part was exercising them at ~90dB for excursion during away hours. My current speakers have seen that level in my apartment for maybe an hour in the years since owning them. Did I fail at break in protocol?

I anticipate feedback recommendations of connect and enjoy the music after leaving them on for a couple of weeks at my normal listening levels, which has served me well in the past.

manogolf

How can anyone optimize loudspeaker performance within 20 minutes?  Figuring out preferences for room placement, toe-in and tilt takes a little bit of time.  The drivers (and surrounds) need time to loosening up and the crossover components also need run-in time.  A bad loudspeaker won't get transformed into a good loudspeaker, but a good loudspeaker can blossom into a really good loudspeaker with a little time and effort.  Personally, I swear by the XLO Burn-In track, but there other methods.

I admit not knowing much scientifically but agree with the out-of-phase and face-to-face method, having used it a time or two.

I will say that the Scansonic MB 2.5s I bought years ago most surely did need a good mechanical break-in of the drivers and it was not an hour or two, more like many hundreds before sounding their best. Other Raidho and Scansonic owners have reported the same.

I am with @ghdprentice in that this can be an enjoyable learning experience for you. Have fun with those new loudspeakers!

Once setup consider vibration control. If you get this far next steps would be room treatment and DSP:

budget

better:

https://www.mapleshadestore.com/speakerstands.php

OP, I checked your virtual system, components look great but the walls seem less than ideal for acoustics. Consider a room kit: