Do Costly XLR Cables Make A Difference?

Serious question here. I currently own a rather good XLR cable that goes between the amp and DAC. I’m considering a better XLR cable to improve things, basically all the good aspects of sound reproduction such as deeper and more defined bass, better separation and detail across the frequency spectrum and an airier and more 3-dimensional sound in the midrange and treble. Will a different XLR cable supposedly one that’s costlier bring me to that direction?

My current XLR cable costs about $2k actual price paid.

I’m looking at an alternative pair up to about $2k perhaps $3k tops if it is proven that the cable is able to bring a noticeable or worthwhile if not significant difference. I am actually looking at the Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 and Gold Eclipse 8 XLR.

Any experience would be appreciated. 

ryder

Thanks for all suggestions which are greatly appreciated. I was looking at the Wireworld Gold Eclipse 8 but was recommended the Platinum 8 instead. Need to sell a kidney to get those. Perhaps I'll reassess my priorities.

@lalitk currently in the main system;

Chord Signature XL speaker cable
Acrolink 8N-PC8100 power cord
Acrolink 7N-PC9700 power cord
Acrolink 8N-A2080III Evo XLR

What dac are you using ? I would hope at least $5k+ if you are willing to spend $2-3k on interconnects ,much much more important to say buy the latest Best Buy

@audioman58 i have 2 DACs occasionally rotated in the main system;

Chord QBD76 MSRP $6k,

Luxman DA-06 MSRP $5k.

Actual price paid was lower since I bought used. I actually paid more for the power cord that’s currently connected to the DAC, either one!

A bit off topic and a rant but does anyone else despise those goofy battery pack things on AQ Cables as I do?

@ryder

Thanks for listing your cables. All of those are mighty fine sounding cables. I don’t think your current XLR is your bottle neck. The improvements you’re seeking points to a weakness elsewhere in your system, more specifically one of your components. What is the upstream component being used with your DAC’s? I would sit back and reassess your entire digital chain and find that one component to open things up before you spend any money on a cable.