Aurender N20

Wow, just received my used N20, installed a 2TB 870EVO SSD and downloaded Conductor. Uploaded 72GB of purchased and ripped CD files from my Synology NAS. Connected to Qobuz and I must admit, I wasn’t prepared for what I heard. I thought that my fiber isolated, upgraded power supply iFi Zen Stream was really good, but it is no where near as good as the Aurender and I’m just listening to AES. Upsampling was set to 176.4K and so I went with it. I purchased from an experienced Dealer, so I went with his bang for the buck DH Labs AES and USB cables, which he doesn't sell.   Evidently, they punch above their price point.

Local media and Qobuz sound equally stunning. This gets close, or rivals my analog system and that is saying something.

Complaints so far.. no information regarding bit rate of music. I’m use to Roon and this is not Roon..not even close. I think that with Qobuz I can make playlists with quality high bitrate music and import the playlists.

Anyway, if I would have heard the N20 first, I would not have anguished over spending the money. Again, having a good dealer, or trusted friend really makes the difference. Time to burn in the cable(s).

vonhelmholtz

@ghdprentice

I’m anxious to hear it in my system, but I’m not excited. After all it’s just a component in my system.

Anyway, my N20 was delivered today. I like how easy it is to install the hard drive compared to taking apart the Auralic. It is now transferring files from my Auralic to the N20, and I’ll let it go overnight. I’ll do some serious listening tomorrow. Btw, do you always have to enter the 6-digit code when connecting from my iPad Conductor app to the unit?

Go to Settings, select Face ID and passcode.  Scroll down and turn passcode off.  

The 6-digit code appears on the N20’s screen when connecting to the Conductor app.  I guess it’s an authentication code that you enter into the app on the iPad to pair to the N20.  I haven’t needed to enter it again.

I’ve been listening to the N20 for several hours.  All I can say is…AMAZING!  The N20 - May KTE DAC combo is stunning.  Even my wife is sitting here smiling and laughing.  Also thank goodness I turned off that awful “click” when adding songs to the queue.

@kmmd 

Congratulations and thanks for letting me know that I can turn off the click.  That Omega USB must be really something…have fun and congratulations on having a cooperative wife.  My wife is on the opposite end of the spectrum.  She can’t go in my listening room without getting upset.  Pretty hard to argue with her.