Does an Audioquest Niagra 1200 limit amplifier dynamics?

Hi, I have a Belles 150A Reference amp driving Vandersteen 2E sig speakers, which I don't play loud at all.  I currently have everything else plugged into a Shunyata Hydra 6, but felt it limited the amp's dynamics, so it's plugged directly into the dedicated line outlet.  Would an Audioquest Niagra 1200 do better? 

kb54

I have a AQ Niagara 1200 and think it’s a nice conditioner. In my system, the 1200 makes everything sound good and I think this is due to it being over filtered. So, this is the question, do you want a conditioner that makes everything sound good or do you want a more revealing conditioner that identifies the true characteristics of a recording. I bought an Equi=Core 1800 MKIII which is a balanced conditioner and believe it reveals the true sound of individual recordings. If the recording is bad, the Equi=Core will let me know. But if the recording is excellent, you can hear every instrument and vocal as if you were there. It also depends on your entire system and the synergy between your components. I recommend going to your hi-fi dealer and having them let you take a 1200 home for the weekend to find out how it meshes with your system and if you like it or not. 

My AQ1200 does not seem to limit my Pass X260’s. I do feel the overall system sounds better with the 1200 than without. 

My Niagara definitely does not smooth over the sound in my system. If anything, it lowered the noise floor to where bad recordings still sound bad but good recordings sound even better. 

All the best,
Nonoise

I used to have the Shunyata Hydra and indeed was limiting the dynamics. I tried the Niagra 3000 and noticed a difference immediately, I was able to trade the Shunyata and pay the additional cost of the Niagra.

Remove all the power conditioners, get your electrical panel and dedicated lines working instead. Those Niagara's definitely limit the potential of your system when you have clean power. 

However power conditioners served me well when I didn't have a dedicated electrical box and lines. Conditioners solve a problem that shouldn't exist to begin with.