Sony Playstation 1 for a CD player ???

I'm using a sony playstation 1 for a cd player and it is a REAL SHOCKER!! I heard about how good it was over on 6moons.com Is anyone else using these as cd players too?
hifisoundguy
Yes I have a fried who uses their Sony Playstation 1 for a CD player. I have to admit that their music sounds great when they have it playing. And, of course, the only paid about $300 to acheive that sound.
Since I found out that PS1 can be used as a cd player and by replacing the stock cord with PS Audio Xstream Power Punch C7....now I can tell......" Lot's of Fun to Listen to my music .Also I am using the remote control...just turn play and stop..Btw, in my system...uhhm..good enough bass.I've always thought that I am playing a turntable w/o a hisss...shhhhsss.Btw,I have another 2 PS1 as my back up...just in case.
I bought one a couple years ago, it kept skipping. I then bought a second one on ebay. Same problem. Then finally a third cause they were so cheap. It happened again! I even opened it up to bias the laser as explained online. No help. The sound is alright, smooth if anything. The output is less than normal cd players so keep that in mind.
After reading this thread finally bought one the other day for $12.00.

I can not believe my ears. Really does sound as good as my wonderful Arcam FMJCD23, and WELL beyond my OPPO 983. The OPPO sounds horrible on redbook cd's compared to the old Sony PS1.

What a great purchase........and the who needs the remote anyway. I always listen to cd's all the way through.

For 12 bucks I might even pick up a spare.
Is anybody making a business out of modding these things yet? I love the smooth sound, but the roll off in the extremes gets to me, and there's more detail to be had.