Sony Playstation 1 for a CD player ???

I'm using a sony playstation 1 for a cd player and it is a REAL SHOCKER!! I heard about how good it was over on 6moons.com Is anyone else using these as cd players too?
hifisoundguy
I have a 3 year old Sony DVD player, NSH52P I think, cost $100 at the time. Has incredible timbres and a smooth analog sound. Not the deepest bass and rolled off on the treble, and it doesn't have the greatest detail or imaging, but the timbres are shockingly good. Vocals extremely realistic sounding.

I compared it to a $3000 MF A5 in a high end store and the owner's son could not tell any difference.

It is ahead of a PS3 I have. Much more natural sound, but less detailed. The DVD Player also responds very well to IC upgrades.
I just put an MDF shelf under the PS3, it was sitting on glass. Sound is seriously good now, better than the DVD player - good timbres, great tonal balance, good detail. Clear bargain as a standalone CD player for $300 or so. It is far better than my current Audiolab 8000CD (new series Audiolab).

Given it does so much else, a HUGE BARGAIN.

Has anyone compared PS1 to PS3?
Yes I have a fried who uses their Sony Playstation 1 for a CD player. I have to admit that their music sounds great when they have it playing. And, of course, the only paid about $300 to acheive that sound.
Since I found out that PS1 can be used as a cd player and by replacing the stock cord with PS Audio Xstream Power Punch C7....now I can tell......" Lot's of Fun to Listen to my music .Also I am using the remote control...just turn play and stop..Btw, in my system...uhhm..good enough bass.I've always thought that I am playing a turntable w/o a hisss...shhhhsss.Btw,I have another 2 PS1 as my back up...just in case.