What selections do you play when showing off your system to others?

I find that when I'm having someone listen to my system that I usually play the same 4 or 5 selections. I tend to lean towards vocals and acoustic presentations. Mine are as follows:

Hold That Line- Tedeschi Trucks Band

Roadhouse and Automobiles- Chris Jones

The Hunter- Jennifer Warnes

River Blues- Eric Bibb

Flight of the Hippo- Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

It's All in the Game- Merle Haggard

Your Bright Baby Blues- Jackson Browne

What are yours?

128x128thebingster

Interesting question.  Like many, I admit I like to pick music that sounds great on the system but I stay away from non-mainstream strange stuff, looking for 'known' music. Sometimes I like stuff with deeper bass (Lyle Lovett's Road From Ensenada) because most folks have no idea what a full-range system can sound like.

I totally get the 'emotional' aspect but for many listeners (non-critical ones especially) it seems they get that even from a decent boom-box...  If they suggest music with decent recordings to listen to on my stuff, it's more of a win-win.   Grin.

After guest picks, a first track from any side of  Blue Note’s WAR Platinum Jazz, or maybe Cisco Kid.  The Brothers Johnson will do it too,  Plop them down between the speakers and turn it up.  If they don’t start moving, call 911.

Too many to list. I've got custom made demo discs for multiple genres, live recordings. etc. So, hopefully I've got something to please and/or impress everyone. But, I agree the best impressions are more often made when the guest picks the tune(s).

But, two of my current favorites are: "Angry Eyes" by Loggins & Messina and "Don't Interrupt The Sorrow" by Joni Mitchell.

- "Driving Wheel", T Bone Burnett.

- "Me And Bobbie McGee", Gordon Lightfoot.

- "Mercury Blues", David Lindley.

- "Shoot Out The Lights", Richard & Linda Thompson.

- "Superstition", Stevie Wonder.

- Sheffield Labs The Missing Linc Volume II.

- Holst: The Planets, Sir Adrian Boult conducting The New Philharmonic Orchestra With Chorus (EMI ASD 2301).

- Vivaldi: Trial Of Harmony and Invention No's 1-4, The English Concert conducted from the harpsichord by Trevor Pinnock (CRD 1025).

So many great songs mentioned.   If I have company I will just launch Qobuz or Tidal and hand them the tablet.   I will do this with my Vault 2i as the source so they can control volume without touching my gear.    

SRV Tin Pan Alley is a fav.....   Dire Straits  Private Investigations is a superb recording .