Innuos PULSE Mini?

any impressions on this unit?

appears to be a solid step into that streamer space above bluesound and the other popular entry level units

audiocanada

I have a Zen 3 mk2. $2,200 new. Streams, rips, stores.

How much are the new models?

I have a Zen 3 mk2. $2,200 new. Streams, rips, stores.

How much are the new models?

they posted all the prices on their site

upon further review, the mini does not seem very well equipped and will likely need a power supply

We're a Canadian dealer and just got our first one recently. It is a very noticeable step up from the current crop of popular entry level streamers. I'd say this is a piece where really high end streaming starts. We haven't tried it using its internal DAC, but have been using USB out to another DAC. 

It will most likely be considered a class leader at this price point even with its included power supply. An optional linear power supply for it will come later, but we don't have more info on that yet. 

It's very open and with a greater sense of ease versus the more entry level competition. It provides excellent detail level but in a relaxed manner with lack of grain. 

@everest_audio Thank you for chiming in! I've always been very impressed with Innuos products, EXCEPT for the Zen Mini (with or without their internal dac). I didn't find it special and almost struck off Innuos from consideration. I later bought the Zenith MK3 and absolutely love it.

I think their target market includes customers who usually buy BS Node but want something a little better and willing to pay a bit more but not too much more. That's the only reason (i.e. competing with Node) they have included a DAC.

I really hope it is a (vast) improvement over Zen Mini. Otherwise, what's the point!