Snake oil of the year?

AQVOK Switch SE Audiophile High-End Network Switch Lan.  I think we are going to have some fun with this one, let it rip here.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMFQ3YvR3Eo

Here is the product page.

128x128nyc_ben

@wsrrsw

You asked what switch I tried: English Electric 8 Switch .

In my direct experience(s) I don’t support

- any supposition that any network Ethernet switch(es) is/(are) room dependent,

- or otherwise dependent on any other non-digital / analog portion of one’s audio system.

Rather, it is directly the quality build of the digital streamer + DAC portions alone and not lofty priced Ethernet network switches for MY improved audio performance experience.

FWIW This is my system:

REGA OSIRIS integrated amp

REGA ISIS VALVE cdp/ DAC

BRYSTON BDP1-USB digital streamer/ server /

BRYSTON BDA2 DAC

HARBETH 30.2XD standmount speakers on TonTraeger speaker stands

PHILIPS 630 ( USA) tuner ( fully rebuilt and upgraded 2021)

bespoke custom high-end black walnut audio rack

All CARDAS CLEAR interconnects array

CARDAS CLEAR REFLECTION speaker cables

CARDAS CLEAR / CLEAR REFLECTION / GOLDEN REFERENCE power cables

i also have digital streaming capabilities in my “B” system ( ~ $5K with all ARCAM electronics / TRIANGLE bookshelf speakers / CHORD cables) . The network switch digital (non?)-experience was the same for me. Go figger.

Again, others may have different experiences…. Some drive Fords, some drive Chevys …carry on… no worries. Trust your ears- yay or nay …. Fine … But it’s entrenched beliefs on the manufacturers specs or mag reviews that includes marketing hyperbole influencing one’s purchase decisions that leaves me cold and unconvinced.

Tough to judge by the picture of your system, but you might be several thousand dollars away from the ehternet switch being the weak link in the chain. 

And for free, you could improve your sound by experimenting with speaker placement in your room.  They are awfully close together and maybe above ear height.

LOL @dougthebiker, that was my setup on day #1 of my Audiophile journey, with much more space now and equipment upgrades, music is more enjoyable now.

Amir on youtube ( i think that's his name) is such a buzz kill just about everything. I hear what I hear and because Amir can pick up different cause and effect on his meters is not not the last and final word. For instance I know that cables matter, there might be a lot of over priced cables, they still can make a BIG difference.