Sony Playstation 1 for a CD player ???

I'm using a sony playstation 1 for a cd player and it is a REAL SHOCKER!! I heard about how good it was over on 6moons.com Is anyone else using these as cd players too?
hifisoundguy
I use hifituning fuses and happy to report upgraded fuses (esp in UK) makes a huge difference. I've had friends use the furutech ones and i'm sure isoclean is equally good. I would suggest any upgraded fuses is better than stock.

As for which ones...take out your current one and order same. So many times, sizes etc.
I see the fuse is locked down with clamps. How does one get that little sucker out. Forgive me but im technically incompetent. Can I use a screwdriver to pop it out....

thanks
Unplug the PS1 and use a small flathead screwdriver to gently lift the glass fuse from the fuse holder. If your model is SCPH-100X or SCPH-550X, the fuse size is 5mm x 20mm. The current rating should be specified next to the fuse holder, the clamping clips you've described. If anything, the fuse itself should have some markings indicating its rating. If you use an Isoclean fuse, they are directional with an arrow pointing in the current direction. The arrow should point from the rear of the chassis toward the front of the chassis. Once replaced, plug in your PS1 and enjoy.

I would recommend a good power cord before investing in fuses. The PS Audio or Furutech C7 power cords are great.

I should also mention that Jeff Day's recommendation of the Walmart Woods Yardmaster Patio cord for speaker cables is an excellent one. I paid $7.88 for 40 ft. I didn't even add connectors; I'm using bare wire ends and the cables are surprisingly musical. If you like the PS1, try the Walmart White Lightning Moonshine speaker cables.