ROTEL Diamond Series

I've read some reviews and am kind of intrigued by the ROTEL Diamond Series DT-6000 and RA-6000, and wanted to hear experiences and thoughts from the hive. It seems they put a pretty good DAC in the transport, so much so that it's made to function as such in addition to being a CD player, but know some folks are opposed to this on the principle. Mostly listen to classical and jazz.

I currently have an Audio Analogue Puccini Special Edition integrated amp (I have had for 20 years and has served me well), an Emotive ERC-3 CD player (am pretty meh about), and Emotive Stealth DAC (which has worked well enough). I play these through my Triangle Celius 202 speakers (that I've also had for 20 years and still love).

It may be that simply a new CD transport (and possibly DAC) would be the way to go, but the new ROTEL pair are, literally, made for each other and I'd like to hear more. Thanks.

hornsteiner1735

I’m a Rotel fan so I’m sure both components would be great. However, as both the amp and transport each contain a DAC I question whether they’re designed to go together. That, to me, would make one DAC redundant.

I would suggest the DT-600 is designed more to go with a separate amp/pre-amp combo that doesn’t already include a DAC. Although, as all of Rotel’s pre-amps and integrated amps appear to contain DAC’s, unless the DT-6000’s is noticeably better, I don’t understand why they included a DAC in it at all...

Rotel.  The name sounds like something I don't want.  Maybe a disease-causing microorganism?!

"I'm sorry, sir ... you've tested positive for Rotel.  It's gonna be a bumby road now that you have the Rotel."

Why can't northern europe figure this out?  electrocompaniet?  Don't get me started

I am presently writing a review of Rotel's DT-6000 DAC Transport and RA-6000 integrated

they are a VERY interesting pair

that's all I can say for now.

herb

I am presently writing a review of Rotel's DT-6000 DAC Transport and RA-6000 integrated

they are a VERY interesting pair

that's all I can say for now.

herb

Thanks everyone for the input. I did get the Rotel Diamond pair, and so far I'm loving them. Terrific detail, clear soundstage, musically engaging. @herbreichert, can't wait to read your review.