Is Accuphase a good match for my system?

I am considering changing to Accuphase amplification for my system.

While I have never heard Accuphase amplification and do not have an opportunity to do so, I admire their products and would like to add if a good match.

The system currently matches an Esoteric F-07 integrated with Sonus Faber Cremona M’s, and is further described in my profile.  The F-07 is great, and I might also consider moving up the Esoteric line as an alternative.

Questions:

1) What differences might I hear from making a change to Accuphase?

2) Which Accuphase components (integrated or separates) might be a good match for the Cremona’s?

Thanks in advance for insights and recommendations.

cb77

Thanks to everyone for your helpful and considerate comments.  If anyone knows of an Accuphase dealer in Texas or one that allows for home auditions, please feel free to further advise.

@lalitk -- Perfect, exactly what I was hoping to learn and I may PM you later.  See you have a fantastic system with Accuphase/Tannoy.  I also had the Marantz SA-11S2 in the past and really enjoyed it.

@westcoastaudiophile -- Thank you, very helpful.  That does sound like a sweet system--would enjoy seeing a picture of it!

@ghdprentice -- Tracking this and may consider Pass and AR as well as I have not heard any of them in person.  Just always had an initial preference for the designs of the Japanese solid state amps.  Thinking that the Cremona's will likely be my endgame speaker, so looking for the right endgame match.

@jjss49 --  Great description, I do like a warm sound with the music uber smooth and rich sounding so this would seem to fit with where I may want to head with Accuphase.  Prior experience is with Marantz reference series which I understand may be similar.

Any further thoughts or comments welcome.

ricred1,

what did you think of the accuphase compared to your amp?

Urbie,

The Accuphase E-800 didn’t work in my system. In the context of my system the E-800 lacks dimensionality, resolution, and bass articulation. It may be great in other systems.

“In the context of my system the E-800 lacks dimensionality, resolution, and bass articulation”

@ricred1 

I appreciate your feedback. I just looked at your system, sweet setup in a large space. To be fair, comparing E-800 in your system is like driving Ferrari with a Hyundai Santa Fe engine. Your PL-500 rated at 91db with min amp ratings of 150-400 watts. So I am not surprised that you needed something like JR mono’s with 300 watts ratings in 8ohms to appropriately drive the twin towers and fill the room. 

I believe a more appropriate and fair comparison would have been driving the PL-500 with Accuphase A-250 mono’s and C-2450 preamp. 

At the end of the day, it’s all comes down to finding the right synergy and match between components. And you found that nirvana with JR components! 

lalitk,

That’s why I prefaced my comments with, "In the context of my system." I submit too many audiophiles make it about a particular component and forget they’re listening to a system.

"I believe a more appropriate and fair comparison would have been driving the PL-500 with Accuphase A-250 mono’s and C-2450 preamp." At the time I didn’t have JR mono’s, I actually compared the E-800 to a JR 625 S2. To my ears and in my system the JR 735 mono's are on a totally different level than the JR 625 s2.

I only had the E-800, because I picked it up from one of my friend’s client who tried it. My friend is a dealer and he asked me to listen to it and provide my opinion to him, so I did.

There are no absolutes in audio. If you love Accuphase that’s great, but there’s no universal audio component that will work in every system.