Upgrading power system

Since I already have components and speakers that I love, I try to make an improvement every year with something or another. Last year I bought Magnarisers for My Maggie 3.7's.  Nice improvement. Immediate difference.  The year before was power cables and conditioner, all Shunyata.  And I always wondered why there was little if any improvement.  A couple audiophiles said to replace the wall outlet. So I thought about it for years before buying a JPS labs audiophile hospital grade outlet.  After removing the original outlet, I compared them. No comparison at all, the JPS weighed almost twice as much and the metal was better quality as well. The JPS was 2o amps and the original  was 15. Would I hear the difference?  It took all of one minute.  Best $150 I ever spent.  I was skeptical until I heard the difference, mostly clearer and more pronounced highs and well defined low end.  Anybody else have this experience?

boxcarman

@boxcarman

The improvement in SQ came with the new 20 amp outlet. Speaking of noise in the line, for those  who grew up in the 60,s, remember you couldn’t watch TV or play records when Mom was vaccuuming? Now THAT was noise. Vaccuums motors were not double insulated then.

Your old receptacle was probably in poor shape and just replacing with a new one of similar quality would have given similar results. The "boutique" receptacles are no better than Spec-grade receptacles that cost $5 instead of $0.50 ... As for electrical noise caused by old appliances in the old days, it had nothing to do with lack of "double-insulation". Those old motors were "universal" motors, which had a fluctuating electrical arcs from the brushes to the commutator rings, and no electrical noise suppression (i.e. capacitors and ferrites) to squelch that electrical noise. Nowadays, the vacuum cleaners and other appliances run brushless motors, and always have noise suppression to prevent interference with audio gear and TVs.

Quite a hodge-podge of suggestions, results. 

Did anyone comment on the Balanced Power Transformer question?

Two people mentioned that they had high thd% in their ac lines.

Others have world class dirt poor power.

I would like to measure mine.

Please tell me how to get this instrument?

The fact that you're using a 20 amp rated outlet will make no difference on a 15 amp circuit. You could use a 30 amp rated or 50 amp rated (I'm stretching here) and it would make no difference. The difference is in the quality of the outlet. You could take the same design in a 15 amp rated outlet and achieve the same result as your 20 amp. What matter is the circuit breaker in the box. You're only going to be able to draw 15 amps from that circuit no matter what the outlet rating. I just wanted to make sure that was clear.

That would be basic electrical knowledge, reading these forms shows there’s a great lack of that. So it’s back to magic beans and ankle bracelets Lol