Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

This has all gotten so booorrriiinnnggg.

Please go back to your sandbox, to which I hope is filled with quicksand. 

Time to shut this pig down.  

He obviously has a defective ear(s)/brain, really bad audio equipment/cables/system or listening capability. 

That is 4 cliches in one sentence. That is not something one should be proud of.

This has all gotten so booorrriiinnnggg.

Please go back to your sandbox, to which I hope is filled with quicksand. 

Time to shut this pig down.  

Your lack of ability to self regulate your own behavior and avoid this topic is not justification for a call to censorship.

@fleschler +1, every post in this thread (even ones that disagree with you) seems to confirm your original thesis when starting this thread, congratulations! Over 1000 posts in this thread can’t be wrong, that’s how I measure the deal.

Yeesh.

Amir isn’t ’invading’ Audiogon.

Someone created a thread critiquing him and his web site, so he’s entered the thread to clear up misconceptions and answer questions. I think it’s great that he showed up!

Should we just keep this an echo chamber where criticisms are thrown around and never countered because "stay in your lane!" ??

Also, don’t speak for everyone: plenty of people here do not wish to fall for b.s. claims made by manufacturers and we are glad there are places like ASR which puts these (and other audiophile claims) under more rigorous scrutiny.   And I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating Amir showing up here to disabuse misinfo.  Don’t treat Audiogon as some hive-mind of pure Golden-Eared subjectivism - the members span a gamut.