Inherited a pair of JBL 4350 -- Need Advice

I am taking some inventory of some of my father’s audio collection.

Noticed a pair of JBL 4350’s -- all speakers in great condition.

However, no grilles... and they appear to have been used in commercial setting. As the cabinet is painted black, with a few mounting points integrated.

Does anyone know if there would be a market for these 4350’s?

image10.jpeg

Any insight is appreciated -- happy listening!

_sunny_

4350s are wonderful speakers. They don’t have the best imaging in the world, but they are accurate, powerful, relaxed, and unbelievably dynamic. I own them, along with Array 1400, Everest 67000, Revel Salon 2, and several others, and I have no interest in selling them. They are just great. They are the Holy Grail, the ultimate for vintage JBL fans.

I sold a pair to a dear client from our shop new in 1974. I have maintained them ever since and rebuild drivers every 10 years with JBL parts. He drives them bi-amped with a very happy pair of McIntosh MC2500s. Don't sell your memories and continued happiness cheap - life turns out not to be that long. This equipment was made for the long trip.

Great speakers!

They need plenty of power. I have the second, updated, series with the alnico woofers (gray cones, not white paper) and I drive them with two MC1000s and one MC500 through the original external crossover. The foam on the four woofers needs to be redone every 8 to 10 years. I had the internal and external crossovers checked and serviced a few years ago, just to make sure they were in spec.

I really enjoy the 43xx series. I also own the 4343 alnico, the 4315B, the 4333 alnico, the 4430 and the 4435. I preferably use McIntosh power amps with them, even though I have a variety of amps.

The 4350s need a fairly large room (at least 50 sqm) and it must be well damped.

Be carefull not to exceed with the listening volume, because they can effortlessly play very loudly, with no distortion, which can be detrimental to your hearing.

Thanks, I’m currently going down the road of getting them up to snuff and ready to play nicely for years to come. The foam does need replaced, which I plan to do no problem. Planning to power with two MC2100’s.

As it relates to the internals and crossovers, I plan on going through those as well and ensure all are working as expected.

I joined the JBL forums for further advice and meh…

It was highly recommended to send my 4333A’s to upland loudspeaker for service…. 8 months later and I have never received a call back, update, or anything… even after paying upfront.

Hoping I’ve not been robbed and Ken Haerr has just taken more work than he can handle in a reasonable timeframe.