Thoughts about the "Cheapaudioman" on YouTube

This gentleman has stirred up some controversy in the audio world over on YouTube. I personally, find him very interesting.  What are your thoughts?

mr_m

He has helped Geshelli Labs immensely, and doesn't get a dime for it. Good equipment at a very reaonable price. IMO. Randy does try to be helpful. If anything he can give you a good laugh at the start of an otherwise boring day!

Cheapaudioman recommended the WiiM Mini Airplay 2.

I have this little streamer connected to my Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC via Toslink cable and the sound quality is amazing.

Compared to my previous set-up with my PC to the Denafrips Iris to the Pontus via I2S I'd say it's about the same, possibly even better.

But I have ordered a PI 2 Design Mercury which I believe should be even better.

i've watched many of his reviews. some are definitely interesting... in the sense he's consuming lots of audio equipment...daily! but when he goes over and over and over again about the music examples he uses to determine if an amp, speakers or a dac is good...well... it's pretty lame! sorry, don't want to sound snob, but you have to include music that is less compressed and has way more dynamic range than 80's and 90's rock and pop! no jazz (except his perpetual use of miles davis 'so what'; which i'm sure he couldn't care less what's about) or classical music. you have to include and KNOW these genres in order to give a more substantial evaluation. it think sean of zero fidelity is way more reliable and tarun (british audiophile) is by far the most interesting and thorough reviewer. i would definitely trust most of tarun's reviews.

@langelo68 I watch Tarun more often than not when his videos come out. I’m not into everything he auditions, but I do like his calm, decaffeinated demeanor, lol. I like Thomas, too. Zero Fidelity reviewed what I consider to be a "Holy Grail" piece for me: The Classe Delta pre/amp. *Oooooh,,,,,,,Daddy likey!*

Randy usually looks like he’s hungover.

IMO calling him a sellout is completely unfair.

I mean he completely changed. What he used to make fun of he has become. Him refusing to pronounce Schiit out of fear of losing a few bucks is too cringey for me.

If he would have started his channel with his current sentiments of monetizing everything and begging for donations, I would not have called him a sellout.