ETHERNET CABLES

When using ethernet for hooking up streaming devices and dacs, what cat level of  ethernet cable should be used. Is there any sonic improvement by going to a  higher dollar cat 7 or 8 cable?

128x128samgar2

@fredrik222 ,

Does oversubscription, errors and excessive delay cover that? The article makes it clear that it occurs and needs to be monitored. Any how....members here do hear a difference, for the better, all the while ignoring your advice.

Now. practice what you preach, and just go away. Put down that bottle, or battle flag you carry around and get a life. 

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise  No, not at all. Explain how a cable fixes any of these. I am very curious have a cable will fix these, especially oversubscription and excessive delay (article mentions 2 seconds). 

Please go on, show us that you know what you are talking about.

@fredrik222 ,

I'm answering your question about how a packet can be lost. The cables and devices in question help to filter out noise better than industry standard ones. Your recitation above is all Greek to me but it does go to show you know your job but have average hearing at best, as other members have already pointed out. Probably why you went to the bother of writing it all up. 

With your wireless setup, and how much RFI gets into that?

All the best,
Nonoise

I'm gonna have to go with @nonoise he's been on here longer and has more post  than Fredrick. 

@nonoise  Thank you for finally admitting that you have no relevant knowledge on this subject.

@brunomarcs  Right, just admitted that he has no clue.