Roger Waters Live Last Night in Glendale,AZ

My first concert in a while. Last was Sia. 

Roger has a message for his audience

that comes with the music. Somewhat off-putting

I must say. I went for music not politics. Not saying

I totally disagree with his. F-bombs galore. All our presidents

past and current are mass murderers. Could be a bit strong.

He is 79 and British.  Has some fun stories. I can live without

the other messages though. Is this messaging common nowadays?

128x128jeffseight

Roger Waters is an amazing musician .I attend concerts for the music,not to have somebody shove their political beliefs down my throat!

I attend concerts for the music,not to have somebody shove their political beliefs down my throat!

I guess we're different in this regard. No one is "shoving" anything. I can listen or ignore, agree or disagree. I'm resilient that way.

It always puzzles me why people like Roger always live in the countries they despise and are happy to take the money of the people of those countries. You’d think they wouldn’t want to dirty their hands with that filthy lucre. People like Roger never move to Russia or Cuba or Venezuela or China. There always seems to be a disconnect between their mouths and their actions.

"I guess we're different in this regard. No one is "shoving" anything. I can listen or ignore, agree or disagree. I'm resilient that way."

@hilde45 

That's true, but how many of us want to pay the current prices of concert tickets , with the expectation of being entertained only to spend 15% of that time listening to political hot air? You may not call it shoving, but they're a captive audience.

@roxy54 You make a good point. Perhaps some kind of disclaimer on the ticket -

- e.g. "During this 90 minute show, you will hear X minutes of music and Y minutes of the musicians talking."

That way, one would make an informed decision about what they're in for!