Right match

I had m8s500 power amplifier I bought m8 preamp the sound is horrible I thought it was the right match what preamp can I buy to match the amp.i had it connected to an integrated amp and the difference was huge but im looking for the right preamp to match the m8s500 power amp

Thks

rucan65

Lose the TT for now. Try another source. A tuner or CD player, anything. (Or maybe you've already done this)You would know right away if it's bad. I've bought two brand new pieces of gear and both were doa. It's just a minor inconvenience waiting on the new shipment. 

I haven't use the TTyet just the cd I know is only 6 hours abdvwas told that it will improve after 50 hours bit they probably winning time in case of a return but I see with few more hours the outcome 

I'm going to give it a chance and play it around 60 hours to see only have 6

Usually this stuff goes from great to better.
Not from woeful to great.

And some of the “great to better” may also be psychological.
Most of the time I find it sounds a bit different when I swap gear in, but I am never sure if it really sounds different, or if I just want it to.
At best, it has been subtle.

Maybe some gear would be only be good to great, but seldom woeful to great.

Something is jacked up.
I usually start with this: 

It should be pretty good just from an iPhone or iPad. It should not sound unlistenable, and provides a decent way to test out the inputs without ground loops.

Please don’t think I’m trying to insult your intelligence, but more than once, in my excitement with a new purchase, I’ve managed to confuse my inputs with my outputs. Equipment probably shouldn’t even work this way, but it tries, and sounds awful until I realize my mistake. Unplug everything, take a rest/break and start over fresh or even with another set of eyes to monitor your efforts. Sh-t happens. Hope it works for you.